Monday, May 25, 2009

Kitchen Sink Ale

Gunslingers and Comrades: Bear witness to this tale of woe turned to joy as the ill-begotten love of a spring dream blends into the rays of summer light. I took everything that I had and brewed the following concoction saying only "go with the gods" as I pitched the wort into the carboy.

Kitchen Sink Ale

Fermentables: 6 lbs Gold Malt Extract, 1.5 lbs Light Lager Malt Extract, 2 lbs Wildflower Honey (at 30 min).

Specialty Grains:
Cara 10 (steeped for 15 minutes pre-boil)

Boil Additions:
1 oz Saaz (45 min)
1 oz Willamette (2 min)

1 comment:

Ursa said...

This beer was pretty good but I would not say delicious. It came out as a medium bodied brown honey ale. I would try making it a bit lighter by adding less ingredients (especially the lager extract) and perhaps using more citrus-flavored hops. Ah well. We drank it. Got fucked up. What more can you ask for?